Link Unit Below Tabs

Spacing

Accidental Use of Empire Points




The following is based on feedback I just gave on one of those surveys after speaking to a customer service agent:

I have accidentally used Empire Points several times in the last few days and have been refunded each time UNTIL NOW.  I find this to be very frustrating, and my experience puts Zynga in a very negative light in my eyes.

It is way too easy to accidentally use Empire Points in this game!  I understand that it looks suspicious for a player to frequently ask for refunds on accidental EP use.  What Zynga needs to understand is that their current system makes accidental EP use far too easy.

If you cannot always refund accidental uses of EP, then there should at least be confirmations on ALL possible EP usage, not just a token few.  Confirmations should be added for adding EP allies in Campaign Mastery (I know Riptide all too well!) and for purchasing Element Z.  Even better, there should be a LOCK option that you can turn on that prevents you from using EP unless the option is unlocked.  A simple click/unclick box will do.  It could even be password-protected, which might save your EP in case a friend, family member, or hacker plays your game.

The current system is unethical and akin to stealing money (which, after all, is used to purchase EP).  I understand that the current system in all its ugliness is aimed at profit maximization from "whales," who probably enjoy the ease of using EP and brush off accidental EP use.  When will Zynga realize that to succeed on a larger scale, it cannot just rely on "whales."  It needs to open up the wallets of a much larger pool of players, and to do that, it must shape its policies accordingly.

The customer service agents I have interacted with have been almost all friendly and helpful, including the one I just chatted with.  However, I rate Zynga a ZERO for its policies.


2 comments:

  1. I lose all of my empire points by accidentally clicking to pay for a low level person to allow me to fight in the campaign mode..... I hate how it is almost impossible to earn, yet so easily wasted by accident.... But then again, Zynga is now a gaming jiant and only have our money as their interest. What happened to the good old days where I was dominating mafia wars and was earning to may free points that I was stuck on trying to spend them. I don't play Zynga games much as they are so unstable, so unfair and so slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost 100 EP. I collected from finishing missions.. No respond from Zynga (forum) and no changes in EP confirmation. And my unit is still trapped (grey) because of battle blitz changes (time).. it is more than 3 months. I agree about Zynga handling EPs.. negative.

    ReplyDelete